Go through the complete guideline on how to apply for passport
This portion of the post will share the step wise procedure for online passport application. Now a day’s applying for passport has been simplified by the e-governance. It is natural to get confused over the minor details. Hence we have given the people the right online place here to apply for passport.
Going through the instruction given by us will make it easier for the applicants to carry out this procedure. Although the procedure given here is bit long but this is for sure that one can manage everything without hiring an agent just by a visit your regional passport office or nearest Passport Seva Kendra. You just need to follow the procedure carefully.
The procedure for passport application involves registration at the website of Passport Seva Kendra. Subsequent steps require submitting form online, booking appointment and visiting PSK or RPO office. For better understanding, we have elaborated these procedures in details. We have partitioned the procedures in three steps just for your easy understanding. Check out how to apply for passport and book an appointment.
Passport application online
Follow the instruction listed below for applying the passport.
Step 1 – Creating Account / Login ID
- First Visit the passport seva Kendra website.
- Then follow the left side corner and click on New User, Register now? (red colored).
- Fill up the form for registration with login id and password details.
- Select the passport office in the city you are staying now or the nearest one within your location.
- Complete filling up the form and click on register option.
- This will create your login id at the passport seva kendra website.
Step 2 – Application Form Submission
- Return to the passport seva website after creating your login id.
- Click on the existing user / loginbutton (green colored).
- Key in your login id and click on the Continue option.
- Follow the option of Apply for Fresh Passport / Reissue of Passport.
- At the next page select option of Normalor Proceed further with Next
- You can download the form and upload it after filling it Or you can just start filling up the form online to save your time.
- Fill in your personal details exactly as mentioned and spelt in your other documents.
- Click on Submit button at bottom once you complete with filling up the form.
- After submitting your application you will be redirect to the page as in step no. 4.
- You will be able to see your submitted/saved applications here by clicking on View
Step 3 – Pay and Book an Appointment with PSK
- You are at the page View Saved/ Submitted Applications.
- The radio button next to it should be followed. It is Pay and Schedule Appointment.
- Select the button Online Payment and proceed with Next
- You will get list of all Passport Seva Kendras near your city or in your city. The list will also show the earliest available time and date for appointment.
- Select the relevant PSK. Enter captcha code to proceed for Next.
- Follow the button of Pay and Book Appointment. You will be directed to the payment gateway.
- Complete the online payment procedure. You will be redirected to the main page.
- You will get a page showing title of Appointment Confirmation. The page will show details of your appointment as selected by you.
- Click on Print Application Receipt. Do not forget to carry this receipt to the PSK at the appointed time.
PASSPORT ONLINE STATUS
After completing above three steps one should need to do is to visit the PSK or RPOs at the scheduled time. In case there is some delay in getting your passport, check your passport online status. Hopefully, you learned how to apply for passport online and offline through different passport seva Kendra. If you have any issue than feel free to comment at the comment section at the end of the article. We would like to solve your issues.
The tracking of application status and how to apply for passport procedures were never so simple which has now been made simpler by the e- governance. Government is now planning to integrate to Adhar card with PSKs. This has been launched and tested at some PSKs in few cities like Delhi, Chandigarh, Ranchi, Vishakhapatnam, Chennai and Bangalore which was quite successful. If a passport application form mentions the Aadhar card number of applicant, details of are immediately verified from UID’s e-KYC service. Project may be soon rolled out to other PSKs of country too whenever required.
We are pretty sure that this post enlightens aspiring applicants to the complete requirements. Anyone can carry out the application of passport by itself. Applying for passport previously use to be a tedious and time consuming process. Most of the people have to hire the agent for the formation of passport which has not been simplified a lot. You can check out the documents required for passport at our site.
This will spread our help in process of passport application. Being an unofficial portal we dedicate to provide all guidance to Indian citizens to get any information related to passport in a much simpler and easier way. Visitors are welcome to drop their comments in case of any query. We will try to give our best to solve the problem of yours.