Tatkal Passport service is available for issue or reissue of passport when one needs the passport urgently. It is not available for miscellaneous services, or OCI card. Tatkal service is available on compassionate grounds of a genuine emergency like death or serious illness of a blood relative. Any one can apply for passport if he/she has the genuine reason behind it.
Tatkal services is not rendered where reference has to be initiated; lost and damaged passport cases; in case of scheduled travel plan; in case of expired visa case; in case the passport has not been renewed after the six month of expiry period. Under this scheme a person can issue or re-issue passports immediately on payment of additional fees of around Rs. 3500 to 4000. Post police verification is carried out in such applications.
The applicant may also need to appear before the officer at regional passport office. This post will guide you to the application procedure of immediate passport. We have also listed all the documents required for Tatkal passport. The procedure of tatkal passport varies slightly from the application for normal passport.
Note: According to new law formed in January 2016, police verification is done post passport issue in all cases. The new law has boomed passport issuing in the country.
According to new law your passport will be dispatched by authorities within one working day if the police verification is not required. If your passport required post passport issuance police verification it will be dispatched on the third working day. As soon as there will be post police verification, your passport will be dispatched without waiting for the police verification report. You can check out the complete procedure on applying for Out of Turn Issue of Passport under Tatkal passport scheme below in our next section of this post.
HOW TO APPLY FOR PASSPORT.?
To online apply for the passport follow the undersigned steps
- Get yourself register at the official portal of Passport Seva.
- Enter using your login id and password.
- Select options of Apply of Fresh or Re-issue of passport as applicable in your case.
- Select Tatkal in application type or scheme.
- Fill in your application for online or by downloading it.
- Submit filled in form online and complete the payment procedure.
- Print out the receipt of online payment.
- Book appointment. You can check the link for Tatkal appointment opening times link at the homepage of official passport seva portal.
- Visit your RPO or Passport Seva Kendra as per fixed appointment with print out of receipt. Do carry all documents required in original and self-attested photo copies
Documents Required for Tatkal Passport online.
For getting tatkal passport any of the two following documents are required to be submitted for urgent passport.
- Verification Certificate as per Annexure F.
- Any three documents from below list. (Provided one of the three should be a photo id document and One of the three should be among number I to 9 of below list).
- Ration Card;
- Pension Documents;
- Railway Photo Identity Card;
- Income Tax department issued Id (PAN) Card;
- Passbook of Bank/ Post office / Kisan;
- Student’s ID card from recognized Educational Institutes;
- Driving License;
- Birth Certificates;
- Bill of your Gas Connection;
- Election Card (EPIC);
- Service Photo Id card issued by State or Central Government or PSU, local bodies or Public Ltd Companies;
- Certificate of SC/ST/ OBC;
- Identity Cards of Freedom Fighters;
- Arms License;
- Property Documents like Pattas and Registered Deeds;
And with this also submit
- A standard affidavit as per Annexure Ion normal stamp paper and duly notarized.
- Also submit Print out of your application, online payment receipt and color photo with light or white background too.
We also recommend to carry the other supporting documents with you at the time of urgent passport so as to avoid any sort of delay. Proof of urgency is not required for Out of Turn Issue of Passport
This facility provides a valuable service if you need to travel abroad all of a sudden. Appointment in case of urgent passport is available for next day or within 1-2 days. Tatkal passport or fast track issue scheme is introduced to issue passports on expedite basis within 1-3 working days. You can also check the documents required for normal passport at our separate post. A proper step by step procedure is guided by us.
Once you submit your application, passport status online. Visit our site for information on any procedure and documents related to the passport. In case of any query do let us know via comment section below or contact us form. We will try our best to guide you and support you to overcome your problems or queries. Someone from our team will get back to you with an appropriate answer.