Documents required for passport application and renewal.
A specific set of documents is required for the filling of passport application. All the required documents for the passport are given in this post. This post will help the applicants with all aspects. As we all are aware that it is the most necessary post an individual require while he travels across the boundaries of the countries. It can also be used as an identity proof and address proof. Get your documents ready before you start a process of passport application. A step by step procedure for the application of passport application. Applying for the passport requires the few documents by the individual. It helps in quicker approval as well. If an individual has all the documents ready, the filing for the passport will be completed quickly. Besides the specified set of documents, authorities may ask for extra documents too.
Applicant must submit the extra documents to the PSR if required. Tracking your passport status online will show you if any additional documents are to be submitted. The status message will show the reason for the delaying of passport issuance. We have already informed users about the how to apply for the passport online. Here we have focused on documents required for passport. The list of documents for passport application is quite big. But a proper listing of documents will help you get it ready in less time.
Passport Documents for Application – A complete Checklist
- The complete list of documents you should submit along with the application for the passport is given below. The following documents should be carried while a person visits the PSK at the time of appointment.
- Income Tax Assessment Order
- Voter ID Card
- UID or Aadhar Card ( Aadhar card should be at least 1-year-old from the date of passport application).
- Gas Connection Proof
- Certificate from Employer (It should be only issued by public limited companies)
- Passport Copy of your Spouse.
- Telephone bill or postpaid bill of mobile.
- Electricity bill
- Water bill.
- Ration card. (Additional proof of address from this list will be required with the Ration card)
- Bank passbook copy
- A year old registered agreement of rent.
- If the passport applicant is minor, Parent’s proof of address or their passport copy.
Proof of Date of Birth
Once done with the proof of residential address, proof of your birth date is required. Below stated documents can be given as a proof of date of birth.
School leaving certificate ( transfer certificate )
1. Birth certificate issued by Municipal Authority OR any other authorized office which handles the task of issuing Birth and Death Certificate.
2. Illiterate or semi-illiterate (less than 5th standard) can submit an affidavit made before a Magistrate/Notary. A specimen of this certificate is available as Annexure A at the officiate portal of Passport Seva.
3. The applicant should present the above certificate as an original one with one self-attested copy of each at the nearest Passport Seva Kendra.
PSK may sometimes ask you for other documents too. For avoiding the delay in passport making one should carry the additional documents stated underline.
- Marriage certificate.
- Permanent Account Number or PAN Card
- Photo Identity Card of educational institute
- In the case of renewal add your old passport.
- A letter from your Magistrate or MLA or MP.
Applicant should remember that although we have listed all the basic documents required for the formation of passport. But other documents can be also required. The required of the documents may vary according to minor senior citizens, government employees, and orphans. In case if any changes are suggested, we will try to provide information regarding all documents required for passport.
Time to time government tries to renew the required documents for the passport. Many amendments and relaxations are given to make the documentation simpler. Like, many documents do not need attestations from gazetted officers anymore. Nowadays self-attested copies are well accepted by the authorities of passport. You can bookmark our page to keep this checklist of documents required for passport handy with you anytime. You can also take benefit of our other useful posts like tracking passport status, knowing about the passport Seva Kendra etc. We have all online procedures shared here related to passport are for convenience of applicants. We also welcome your queries and confusions if any and will try our best to serve you with the best solution.